Learn how Profit Apps protects your store's private information.
Personal Information the App Collects
When you install the App, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account:
- Shopify Themes - https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/online-store/theme
- Shopify Assets - https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/online-store/asset
- Shopify Pages - https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/online-store/page
- Shopify Products - https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/products
- Shopify Metafield - https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/metafield
- Shopify Billing - https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/billing
What the App Stores
We store the following data in our database:
- Shop Name
- Begin Date (when you first logged in)
- ID of the last saved page
- Type of the last saved page (page or product)
- Status (Trial or Active)
- Current Theme ID
- Current Theme Name
- Timestamp for when the record was created
- Version of the CSS and JS files that your store is using
In addition, we store the following data as metadata or assets within your store:
- HTML content for pages and products
- CSS and JS for your site
- Any uploaded images
How we secure your Data
We store your data in Amazon AWS using Dynamo DB (https://aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/). Your data is not publicly accessible and encrypted at rest.
What personal information do we store and how do we use it
We store your name and email. We will not distribute or use your email for anything other than the purpose for which it was gathered. We never transfer or sell your personal information to a third party.
Your Rights If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Data Retention When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records for up to a year unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Active account data will remain in the system until the account is activated.
Contact Us For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
We are committed to protecting your data and company's privacy. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out if you have any questions using our contact form.